Tuesday, July 16, 2013

One arm pushup training (1 hour)

Shoulder Press (on each arm)

10 reps- 45 pounds
10 reps- 90 pounds
3 reps- 135 pounds
1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1- 135 pounds
10 reps- 90 pounds
10 reps- 45 pounds

50 controlled dips focusing on triceps. 

Cable chest flies

15 reps- each selected weight for 6 sets

I haven't been doing regular pushups due to my feet, so I have been replacing them with dips and handstand pushups.  This shouldn't be an issue, and may help me out more.

Tweaked my right elbow on the last few reps at 135 pounds.  The weight felt pretty manageable and I may have been able to up the weight 10 pounds to reach my body weight.... but I'll go for it the next time I go heavy.  Making progress!


1 comment:

  1. Does this post imply you can't do one arm push ups yet? I'm not sure what's up with your feet but I've seen what you can do and a one arm push up isn't a very heavy movement. You have the strength, start doing some negatives and one arm push ups with your hand on a slightly elevated surface, maybe knee to hip level and you'll have it in no time at all.

    ReplyDelete