Sunday, July 7, 2013

Light OAHP home workout

Couldn't make it to the gym today so I decided to do a quick home workout.  Feels like facing the wall will be more comfortable.  Not sure how far my hand is supposed to be from the wall to actually count as legit... will look it up.  But!... workout was as follows....

Negatives- 3 attempts per arm- 2 were successful right, one successful left
Hands farther away from the wall, halfway down and back up- 5 each arm
20 attempts to push from starting position each arm- no lift off= depressing
3 sets of 10 handstand pushups using bars
2 sets of 10 handstand pushups no bar


I think I am going to up my OAHP training.  If my elbows and wrists starts to give me problems Ill cut back to one workout per week.  I feel as though each week I am starting over... its only been 2 months but still... something is off.   So before bed, maybe two-three times a week, I plan on getting into the starting position, with my head on the ground, and knock out 10 attempts, along with only 1-2 negatives per arm.  While this wont be equivalent to an actual workout, I want to get my body used to bearing the weight.  During the week I will continue to work at a pace that promotes strength gains. 

No comments:

Post a Comment